Editor/Agent Appointment Guidelines
Appointments are in groups of 5-6.
Time will be closely monitored, so be prompt and leave immediately after the session is over.
Respect the others in your group and give everyone an opportunity to share equally.
Be prepared to give a 3-minute summary of your project. Answer the question, “So tell me what is your book about?” Make your summary as compelling as you can. Leave time for questions from the editor/agent.
Tell what is unique about you and your manuscript and why this publishing house would want to purchase it.
Important information to be prepared to answer:
- Who is your audience?
- Why are you writing this book?
- What are your qualifications for writing it?
- Are there any other books on the market similar to yours?
- How is yours different?
- How long is your project?
- Is your book finished? If not, when can the editor/agent expect to see the finished project?
Ask the editor/agent if they are interested in seeing more of your project.
Don’t expect the editor or agent to take your project with them. Offer to mail or e-mail it to them at a later date.